Park Ambassadors Role Description
Park Ambassadors who volunteer in this role will have an important part in helping to establish a positive and friendly dog park culture.
When visiting the park, the volunteer will wear their lanyard that designates them a Park Ambassador.
Some of the responsibilities that the Ambassador include:
– Must come to a committee meeting before application can be approved.
– Welcome visitors and help them negotiate the entrance safely.
– Answer questions.
– Chat with pet owners about park safety & etiquette.
– Promote the park to others in a positive nature.
– Help educate the public about red flags of dog body language. (materials available on the dog park website (http:www.bellevuedogpark.com/interacting-with-dogs)
– Health watch – overheating, etc.
– Keeping it clean & tidy-hand out waste bags and acknowledge those who use them!
– Negotiate when to contact police, we do not want the Park Ambassador to take matters into their own hands.
(Some examples would include: attempting to stop a crime on your own, kicking park goers out of the park, etc)
[contact_bank form_id=2 show_title=true show_desc=false]